We have a medication supply problem in the US, and Midrin is no exception..Midrin(generic is the only form available) is a combo drug of a mild sedative, a mild pure migraine med, and acetaminophen…Prodrin takes out the sedative(which is good) and adds in a small amt of caffeine. Only the generic Midrin is available, and that supply goes off and on..Prodrin is usually available, but the pharmacy has to order it. These meds fit the bill as being milder, no opioid, do not hurt the stomach, and relatively inexpensive(altho Prodrin can cost $2.00 per tablet). Midrin(generic) can certaily cause tiredness, but Prodrin does not. Midrin/Prodrin are not “triptans”, such as sumatriptan(Imitrex), Maxalt, Zomig, Relpax, etc.. Some people cannot tolerate triptans, but can tolerate Midrin or Prodrin. These meds can increase the blood pressure, at least for a # of hours, so if you have high(or borderline) blood pressure, we use these with caution. Of course, consult your physician about any med. and side effect.
- CGRP QUESTIONS/ANSWERS
- New Butalbital Product(similar to Fioricet/Fiorinal/Esgic/Phrenilin)
- "What Can Cause Stomach Pain and a Headache?" from Medical News Today
- CGRP AND SIDE EFFECTS: LETTER IN ‘HEADACHE”
- The Limbic System and Anxiety
- CGRP Migraine Monoclonal Injections: proceed with caution" from Dr. Robbins, M.D.
- Turmeric (Curcumin) Capsules for Headaches and Arthritis Migraine blog
- "A New Era Of Psychedelics In Oregon" from The New York Times
adolescents Alzheimer's disease Alzheimers anxiety back pain blood pressure botox brain caffeine children chronic migraine chronic pain cluster headache concussion concussions COVID-19 dementia depression diet exercise fibromyalgia Headache headache blog headaches health heart disease meditation migraine migraine headache migraine headaches migraines migraine triggers migraine with aura pain Pandemic physical activity sleep stress stroke triggers triptans vitamin D walking women yoga