WE(my partner in this research is Dr. Cam Leith) just presented the results of a 3 year study on DTI(diffusion tensor imaging) of the White Matter in those with Chronic Migraine. We presented the results at the AHS meetings in Washington, and submitted the article to Headache. Basically, we found significant differences in the white matter between chronic migraineurs and controls. These differences may well be reversible. It is almost as if we can do a scan and predict who has migraine(but not quite)…..it points out the physical nature of migraine, it is not a psychological illness at all. In 1991 or so I published a paper, MRI in Migraineurs, outlining some of the white matter differences in migraineurs…..this DTI is much more sensitive.
- CGRP QUESTIONS/ANSWERS
- New Butalbital Product(similar to Fioricet/Fiorinal/Esgic/Phrenilin)
- CGRP Migraine Monoclonal Injections: proceed with caution" from Dr. Robbins, M.D.
- "What Can Cause Stomach Pain and a Headache?" from Medical News Today
- "Terrell Davis Recalls How A Debilitating Migraine Almost Took Him Out of Super Bowl XXXII" from People magazine
- CGRP AND SIDE EFFECTS: LETTER IN ‘HEADACHE”
- "A New Study Finds Neck Muscle Inflammation Is A Frequent Trigger For Both Tension Headaches And Migraines" from HealthDay
- TENS and TMS for Migraine
adolescents Alzheimer's disease Alzheimers anxiety back pain blood pressure botox brain caffeine children chronic migraine chronic pain cluster headache concussion concussions COVID-19 dementia depression diet exercise fibromyalgia Headache headache blog headaches health heart disease meditation migraine migraine headache migraine headaches migraines migraine triggers migraine with aura pain Pandemic physical activity sleep stress stroke triggers triptans vitamin D walking women yoga