In a recent review out of Pakistan of the biological, nutraceutical, and clinical properties of French maritime pine bark extract, this extract was found to be an effective treatment of migraine headaches. In this study, twelve patients with migraines that were resistant to conventional treatment such as antidepressants, anticonvulsants, and beta-blockers were given an antioxidant treatment for a period of three months. The treatment formulation consisted of 120 mg pine bark extract, 60 mg vitamin C, and 30 IU vitamin E per capsule. A baseline patient condition was established before beginning the treatment using a migraine disability assessment questionnaire and at the end of the treatment period the same questionnaire was given to assess any improvement. The mean headache severity, on a scale from 1 to 10, decreased from 7.5 to 5.5 and the number of days with headaches decreased from 44 to 26 days. These statistically significant results indicate that French maritime pine bark extract could potentially be useful as a component of antioxidant therapy to treat migraines. What remains to be answered is the mechanism by which the extract alleviates headache symptoms.
- New Butalbital Product(similar to Fioricet/Fiorinal/Esgic/Phrenilin)
- CGRP QUESTIONS/ANSWERS
- CGRP AND SIDE EFFECTS: LETTER IN ‘HEADACHE”
- "People With Migraine Really Are Affected By The Weather" from MigraineAgain
- CGRP Migraine Monoclonal Injections: proceed with caution" from Dr. Robbins, M.D.
- "What Can Cause Stomach Pain and a Headache?" from Medical News Today
- "6 Subtle Signs You're Dealing With Seasonal Depression" from the Huffpost
- Heading the Ball Causes Brain Damage
adolescents Alzheimer's disease Alzheimers anxiety back pain blood pressure botox brain caffeine children chronic migraine chronic pain cluster headache concussion concussions COVID-19 dementia depression diet exercise fibromyalgia Headache headache blog headaches health heart disease meditation migraine migraine headache migraine headaches migraines migraine triggers migraine with aura pain Pandemic physical activity sleep stress stroke triggers triptans vitamin D walking women yoga