My how things have changed since the dinasaur days when I was a resident(early 80’s)….there are new rules on hours a resident may work, and with electronic medical records, many hours are spent in front of the computer: half of the residents day, in fact. The Law of Unintended Consequences comes into effect: By limiting residnet hours, they do not learn nearly as much or as well; medicine training is experiential, you cannot substitute for sitting with a patient and talking. Residents now spend only 8 minutes per patient, with much more time “documenting into a computer”. (Documenting for what, so they can defend themselves in court 2 years later, how dumb…but I digress..)……The result of limited time with patients is the legions of new doctors can’t work out difficult problmes as well when you are sick; they don’t feel the connection to you(it is more a 9 to 4 mentality, after all, they must be at every game and practice of their kids), and overall we have relatively crummy medical care. And expensive. Great. And, as an aside, I have noticed that the headache training that new residents recieve has gone downhill, to the point where most new neurologists barely recognize cluster headaches, let alone are able to treat them…….Larry “on my soapbox” Robbins,M.D.
- CGRP QUESTIONS/ANSWERS
- New Butalbital Product(similar to Fioricet/Fiorinal/Esgic/Phrenilin)
- CGRP Migraine Monoclonal Injections: proceed with caution" from Dr. Robbins, M.D.
- "What Can Cause Stomach Pain and a Headache?" from Medical News Today
- "Terrell Davis Recalls How A Debilitating Migraine Almost Took Him Out of Super Bowl XXXII" from People magazine
- CGRP AND SIDE EFFECTS: LETTER IN ‘HEADACHE”
- Turmeric (Curcumin) Capsules for Headaches and Arthritis Migraine blog
- "A New Study Finds Neck Muscle Inflammation Is A Frequent Trigger For Both Tension Headaches And Migraines" from HealthDay
adolescents Alzheimer's disease Alzheimers anxiety back pain blood pressure botox brain caffeine children chronic migraine chronic pain cluster headache concussion concussions COVID-19 dementia depression diet exercise fibromyalgia Headache headache blog headaches health heart disease meditation migraine migraine headache migraine headaches migraines migraine triggers migraine with aura pain Pandemic physical activity sleep stress stroke triggers triptans vitamin D walking women yoga